No Doctor Who Confidential titles or episode title were shown on-screen. Like The Ultimate Guide, it's assumed to be an episode of Doctor Who Confidential because of the commonality of production team and narrator. Like Music and Monsters, it was co-produced by BBC Music.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- Murray Gold and Ben Foster discuss rehearsing the pieces.
- Paul Kasey discusses the ability of fans to get up-close experience of the monsters during the event.
- Rehearsals for monster performers, and the challenges of performing in an event that is more theatrical versus a TV show, where you can take breaks.
- Barnaby Edwards discusses the challenges of navigating the Dalek prop onto and around the stage.
- The entrance of Davros on a life mechanism.
- Camille Coduri and Noel Clarke discuss the impressiveness of the live orchestra.
- The finale of the show.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- The fan excitement and demand for Doctor Who to be featured in the BBC Proms season.
- Production of the Music of the Spheres mini-episode that debuted at the BBC Proms event, and the challenges of directing a video sequence to tie-in with onstage actions.
- The three-fold work of Music of the Spheres, having to work as a theatrical video sequence, a radio broadcast (as this was how the Proms event was initially broadcast to the public) and as a later TV broadcast.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Roger Wright, Director of the BBC Proms
- Paul Bullock, Executive Producer, Doctor Who at the Proms
- Murray Gold, Composer
- Ben Foster, Conductor
- Paul Kasey, Movement Artist
- Louise Page, Costume Designer
- Rob Mayor, Prosthetics Supervisor
- Denni Sayers, Movement Director
- Dan Starkey, Sontaran
- Euros Lyn, Director, Music of the Spheres
- Barnaby Edwards, Dalek Operator
- Phil Collinson, Series Producer, Doctor Who, Series 1-4
- Nicholas Briggs, Dalek Voice
- Julie Gardner, Executive Producer, Doctor Who, Series 1-4
- Noel Clarke & Camille Coduri, Mickey Smith & Jackie Tyler
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer, Doctor Who, Series 1-4
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer, Doctor Who, Series 5
- Freema Agyeman, Martha Jones
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mark Bond, Justin Davies, Roy Estabrook
- Sound - David Ferguson, Wil Planitzer, Mazyar Tajiki
- Runners - Stuart Laws, Claire Riley
- Researcher - Nathan Landeg
- Assistant Producer - Hannah Williams
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinator - Tors Grantham
- Production Managers - Katy Cartwright, Kirsty Reid
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Editor - James Brailsford
- Colourist - Matt Mullins
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producer for Dr Who at the Proms - Paul Bullock
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
There was no "Cut Down" version of this episode.
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
As of March 2019 no version of the episode is available commercially.