Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
This episode was presented by Arthur Darvill.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- The introduction of the Dream Lord into the Doctor Who mythos.
- Send-out of scripts, and the readthrough for Amy's Choice.
- Steven Moffat discusses the casting of Arthur Darvill, and his great ability to add comedic touches & gel well with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan.
- The reworking of Rory's hair for this episode.
- Karen shows her fake baby bump for the Leadworth dream world scenes.
- Location filming in the village, particularly the challenges of getting all that needs shot in one planned day of shooting.
- The amount of VFX work required for even short moments within this story.
- The redressing of the TARDIS interior set for the scenes set in the cold sun dream world.
- Filming of the scenes where Rory hits one of the old people, and how the fake plywood panel had to be altered slightly after it broke on the first take.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- The real-life friendship between Matt, Karen and Arthur.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Arthur Darvill, Rory
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer
- Simon Nye, Writer, Episode 7
- Matt Smith, The Doctor
- Karen Gillan, Amy Pond
- Ray Holman, Costume Designer
- Toby Jones, The Dream Lord
- Crispin Layfield, Stunt Co-ordinator
- Gordon Seed, Stunt Performer
- Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisor
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Stand Up" by The Prodigy
- "Sleep" by The Dandy Warhols
- "Whatever You Want" by Status Quo
- "Dream a Little Dream of Me" by The Mamas and the Papas
- "One Foot in the Grave Theme" by Eric Idle
- "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
- "(Nice Dream)" by Radiohead
- "Cold as Ice" by M.O.P. (also used in DCOM: Lords and Masters)
- "Dream On" by The Chemical Brothers
- "Mister Sandman" by The Four Aces
- "American Dream" by Jakatta
- "Strange & Beautiful (I'll Put A Spell On You)" by Aqualung
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Graphics - Component Graphics
- Title Music - Slam & Saw Productions
- Camera - Aled Jenkins, Jon Rees, Steve Webb
- Sound - Rhodri Browning, Cheryl Jones
- Runners - James Bowen, Claire Riley, Lee Wood
- Researchers - Matthew Andrews, Stuart Laws, Robert Wootton
- Assistant Producers - James Brailsford, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Emma Chapman
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinators - Rhiannon Dew, Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Online Editor - Jeremy Lott
- Colourist - Matt Mullins
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Editor - Nick Kershaw
- Edit Producer - Paul Symonds
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.