Publisher's summary Edit
"Didn't take the temporal powers long to realise that Pandora's war was over and come here to start a new one."
In the wake of civil war, Gallifrey stands more vulnerable than at any time in its controversial history. The other temporal powers orbit the ancient Time Lord society, poised and ready to take power.
And then, as a terrifying legacy, the residual traces of the Pandora virus bring down the transduction barriers...
While Romana lies exhausted and powerless in the medical station, Lord Matthias fights desperately to negotiate a peace. But Gallifreyans are dying. Can Leela find K9? Is retribution about to be visited upon the oldest race in the universe for untold millennia of manipulation and interference?
to be added
- Former Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Inquisitor Prime Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Coordinator Narvin - Sean Carlsen
- Acting Lord President Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Cardinal Matthias - Stephen Perring
- Captain Henzil - John Dorney
- Captain Annos - Dickon Tolson
- Commander Janartis - Charlie Ross
- Nekkistani Ambassador Blastern - Daniel Hogarth
- Phaidon Ambassador Égopolis - Anne Bird
- Sunari Ambassador Tooz - Richard Unwin
- Lord Delox - Roger Parrott
- Commander Raldeth - Andrew Fettes
- Ambassadors of the temporal powers come to Gallifrey include Phaidon (sometimes known as the Warpsmiths of Phaidon), Sunari and Nekkistan.
- A Monan (sometimes known as the Monan Host) ship also orbits Gallifrey.
- Colin Baker reprises his role as Commander Maxil in an uncredited cameo appearance. This is the only time that he has played the character since the television story Arc of Infinity in 1983.
- A long-serving member of the Chancellery Guards, Commander Maxil previously stunned the Fifth Doctor with a staser blast and confined him in a cell in the Capitol to await the judgment of Lord President Borusa and the High Council of the Time Lords. (TV: Arc of Infinity) Following the disappearance of Andred, he was promoted to Castellan but has since been demoted to commander for siding with Darkel and Pandora in the Gallifreyan Civil War. (AUDIO: Lies)
- During the Dalek invasion of Gallifrey, Raldeth led the Chancellery Guards in their attempt to repel the Dalek forces. He also mentions Trinkett as being part of his unit. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- K9 mentions the lead lined walls of the Presidential Office that the Fourth Doctor installed. (TV: The Invasion of Time)