Andy Frankham-Allen is the range editor of the Candy Jar Books Lethbridge-Stewart series of novels. He has written several novels and short stories in the Lethbridge-Stewart series, three stories for the Short Trips series, an audio drama in The New Counter-Measures, and the reference book Companions: Fifty Years of Doctor Who Assistants.
Frankham-Allen's earliest attempt at writing for Doctor Who was in 1989, when he pitched an idea to the Doctor Who Office shortly before its closure. After unsuccessfully pitching Who novels to Virgin Publishing and BBC Books through the 1990s, he started his own series of fanfiction novellas, Doctor Who: The Legacy, which ran from 2001 to 2006 with 40 stories. Notable collaborators with Frankham-Allen for this series included Richard Dinnick, Luke Spillane, Tom Webster, and Paul Dale Smith.
He started off writing licensed Doctor Who fiction in 2004 as Andrew Frankham with The Dead Man's Story, and continued as Andy Frankham with his following two Short Trips stories. He changed his writing name to Andy Frankham-Allen when The Dead Man's Story was reprinted in the Short Trips: Re:Collections book, and has continued with that name ever since.
As of 2017, he serves as Creative Director of the Haisman Literary Estate, appointed by Hannah Hatt, granddaughter of Mervyn Haisman and executor of his estate. In that role Frankham-Allen overseas the use of Haisman's Doctor Who properties across various media, including Candy Jar Books, Titan Comics and Big Finish. This includes the use of the Brigadier in Titan's Third Doctor Adventures and Ninth Doctor Adventures, and the Big Finish releases The New Counter-Measures Series Two, The Revisionists and The Third Doctor Adventures vol.5.
- The Forgotten Son
- Beast of Fang Rock
- Night of the Intelligence
- The New Unusual (with Adrian Sherlock)
- An Ordinary Man (with Tim Gambrell)
- Downtime: Child of the New World
Short stories Edit
Short Trips Edit
- The Dead Man's Story (in Short Trips: Repercussions)
- Sedna (in Short Trips: The Solar System)
- The Misadventure of Mark Thorne (in Short Trips: Snapshots)
- The Ambush! (in Lethbridge-Stewart: Top Secret Files)
- The Forgotten Son original opening (in Lethbridge-Stewart: Top Secret Files)
- One Cold Step (with David A. McIntee, in The HAVOC Files)
- The Dogs of War (in The HAVOC Files)
- The Enfolded Time (in The HAVOC Files)
- Legacies (in The HAVOC Files, as "Norma Ashley")
- Ashes of Inferno (in The HAVOC Files 2)
- Of the Future (in Lineage)
- Acceptance, and then Understanding (in Lineage)
- The Note (in Lineage)
- A Moment in History (in The HAVOC Files: The Laughing Gnome)
- The Stories We Tell (in The HAVOC Files: Loose Ends)
- Hide No More (in The HAVOC Files: Loose Ends)
- Brother, Where Art Thou (in The HAVOC Files: Loose Ends)
The Lucy Wilson Mysteries Edit
- Lethbridge-Stewart (in The Lucy Wilson Collection)
- The Invasion of London (with Tim Gambrell in Lockdown)
Short Trips Edit
The New Counter-Measures Edit
Reference works Edit
Cancelled books Edit
- ↑ DOCTOR WHO - THE LEGACY - STAFF: Andy Frankham-Allen -. doctorwhothelegacy.com. Archived from the original on 30 October 2007. Retrieved on 5 November 2018.
- ↑ New Legacy Title. frankhamallen.wordpress.com. Retrieved on 5 November 2018.
- ↑ DOCTOR WHO: THE LEGACY - Submission guidelines. angelfire.com. Archived from the original on 30 October 2007. Retrieved on 5 November 2018.
- ↑ DOCTOR WHO - THE LEGACY - STAFF -. doctorwhothelegacy.com. Archived from the original on 30 October 2007. Retrieved on 5 November 2018.
- ↑ DOCTOR WHO - THE LEGACY - SEASON 5: Matrix Revelation -. doctorwhothelegacy.com. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved on 5 November 2018.