Publisher's summary Edit
2002 BBC Books Edition Edit
Those people that die must die. It's history, it's already happened and there's nothing we can do to prevent it, Sarah.
East End gangster Tommy Ramsey emerges from prison in 1952, determined to retake control of his territory on the streets of Shoreditch. But new arrivals threaten his grip on all illegal activity in the area.
An evangelical minister at St Luke's Church is persuading people to seek redemption for their sins. A new gang is claiming the streets. And a watchmender called Doctor John Smith is leading a revolt against the Ramsey Mob's protection racket.
But when Tommy strikes back against his enemies, a far more terrifying threat is revealed. Within hours the city's air begins turning into nerve gas and thousands are killed by the choking fumes. London is dying...
2015 BBC Books Edition Edit
When gangster Tommy Ramsey is released from prison, he is determined to retake control of his East End territory. But new arrivals threaten his grip on illegal activity in the area. An evangelical minister is persuading people to seek redemption for their sins. A new gang is claiming the streets. And a watchmender called Smith is leading a revolt against the Ramsey Mob's protection racket.
When Tommy strikes back at his enemies, a far more terrifying threat is revealed. Within hours the city's air turns into nerve gas and thousands succumb to the choking fumes. London is dying...
An adventure set in 1950s London, featuring the Third Doctor as played by Jon Pertwee and his companion Sarah Jane Smith.
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Tommy Ramsey
- Jack "the Lad" Cooper
- Billy Valance
- Charlie Valance
- Father Xavier Simmons
- Vera Ramsey
- Max Morgan
- Bob Valentine
- Jim Harris
- Andy Hodge
- Arthur Baldwin ("Brick")
- Bob Cohen
- Derek Carver
- Fingers Blake
- Frank Kelly
- Mary Mills
- Jean Mills
- Bette Mills
- Rita Mills
- Rose Kelly
- Steve MacManus
- Stratford Simon
- Terry Sharp
- Ernie Evans
- While in 1952, the Doctor runs a watch-mending shop called Fixing Time.
- Dave Butcher, Mike Gilmore and Norman Page are lieutenants in the Ramsey Mob.
- The novel was reprinted as part of The History Collection in February 2015, with a new cover and introduction by Bishop.
- Tommy Ramsey asks Sarah Jane Smith to make him and the rest of the men tea, much to her disgust and disapproval, similar to when the Doctor asked her to make tea for himself. (TV: The Time Warrior)
- The Doctor hangs an "Out of Order" sign on the TARDIS door whilst it is in 1950s London. (TV: The War Machines)
- Sarah remembers the Doctor almost dying on Peladon. (TV: The Monster of Peladon)
- The Tenth Doctor was also in London during the Great Smog. (AUDIO: The Creeping Death)
Additional cover images Edit
- Official Amorality Tale page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Amorality Tale at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Amorality Tale