Ambush was a comic story in Dalek: The Astounding Untold History of the Greatest Enemies of the Universe.
Summary[edit | edit source]
However, before he joins in the fighting, the Doctor realises that "something is wrong". Indeed, upon detecting that the timeship of the "Predator" has arrived, the Dalek Supreme in charge of the fleet makes short work of the Battle TARDISes and directs all his Daleks' attention to the Doctor.
Realising the Daleks fed the Time Lords the information about their location to lure out the Doctor and attempt to destroy him, the Doctor instructs Petrella to set a course for Gallifrey. He explains that, having realised that his existence will still be the cause of countless death even if he runs, he must make a stand, and wants to "have a little chat" with Rassilon.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story hints at a period in the War Doctor's early life where he still considered staying on the sidelines of the War as his previous incarnation had done; indeed, this very story depicts the War Doctor deciding to put an end to that part of his life by returning to Gallifrey and having "a little chat" with Rassilon.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The War Doctor's control room's ceiling is shown to allow him to look at space outside his TARDIS. This ability was previously demonstrated by the TARDIS desktop of the Doctor's previous incarnation. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Daleks continually refer to the Doctor as "Predator". (TV: Asylum of the Daleks; PROSE: Engines of War)
- Voltrix has ordered a Battle TARDIS attack on the Daleks. Previously a Councillor, (COMIC: The Bidding War) Voltrix had later become a general in the Time War. (PROSE: Dalek: The Astounding Untold History of the Greatest Enemies of the Universe)
- The Doctor declares he will act as a free agent "no more", and intends to make a stand with Gallifrey. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)