Alit in Underland was the sixth and final short story published in The Missy Chronicles.
to be added
- The Master asks Alit if she likes any boys, and Missy adds "or girls."
- Missy uses the weather system to make it rain, then electrocutes the Cybermen.
- There are several allusions to The Wizard of Oz.
- The Master, Missy, and Alit wear Wellington boots.
- Missy recalls using women, and the Master points out Missy using a child.
- The story is set between World Enough and Time and The Doctor Falls. Thus, this is the last story, chronologically, to feature Missy before the episode depicting her death, forming a bookend with Dismemberment, which opened The Missy Chronicles as her earliest story.
- The Cybermen here are the 1980s design, complete with the Cyber-Leader saying "Excellent."
- The Doctor is still recovering. (TV: World Enough and Time)
- Alit thinks the Cybermen are scarecrows. (TV: The Doctor Falls)
- The Master considers using his laser screwdriver on Alit. (TV: The Sound of Drums, The Doctor Falls)
- The Master tells Missy her sonic umbrella and hat are reminiscent of Mary Poppins and she tells him they've always enjoyed children's viewing. The Master then reminisces about the sun from the Teletubbies and how he thought it would look the same on the Mondas colony ship. (TV: The Sound of Drums)
- Missy says she recently watched Frozen with the Doctor. (TV: Empress of Mars)
- Missy uses her sonic umbrella. (TV: World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls)
- Missy calls the Master out on not wanting to regenerate into a woman and the Master says women always stab people in the back. In their near future, Missy will literally stab the Master in the back and he, in turn, will literally shoot her in the back. (TV: The Doctor Falls)
- Missy recalls several women that she's used and abused throughout her lives: Galleia, (TV: The Time Monster) Kassia, (TV: The Keeper of Traken) Chantho, (TV: Utopia) Miss Trefusis, (TV: Last of the Time Lords, The End of Time), and Lucy Saxon. (TV: The Sound of Drums / Last of the Time Lords) The Master mocks Missy for remembering their names and Missy says she's been making herself remember names lately. (TV: The Lie of the Land)
- The Cybermen are following orders from a Cyber-Planner. (TV: The Wheel in Space)
- Missy explains that the Cybermen use Cybermats to spread disease on human colonies. (TV: Revenge of the Cybermen)
- Missy tells Alit to "say something nice...if you like". (TV: Death in Heaven)
- Missy reminds the Master that they always "dress for the occasion". (TV: Doctor Who)
- Missy decides to kill her previous incarnation. (TV: The Doctor Falls)