Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Trapped underground, the Doctor and Mrs Wibbsey encounter a small boy who claims to be Aladdin, in search of a fabled lamp. He joins them on their own quest, to find a power source in this weird domain and switch it off.
Many obstacles lie in their way. Vast rooms stuffed with exotic items give way to torch-lit tunnels and deadly precipices. Creatures of mythical proportions lie in wait. Peculiar atmospheres take their toll on them. Perhaps strangest of all, the Doctor's multi-coloured scarf appears to take on a life of its own...
As friends are separated and uneasy alliances are formed, the strange environment attempts to claim them. Will the Doctor and Mrs Wibbsey ever get back to Hexford? And will Aladdin discover who he really is?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor – Tom Baker
- Mrs Wibbsey – Susan Jameson
- Aladdin – Guy Harvey
- Scheherazade – Sophie Ward
- The Gryphon – Terrence Hardiman
- The Scarf – Andrew Sachs
- The Magician – Simon Shepherd
- The Toad – Su Douglas
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded at Fitzrovia Post.
- This story was later included in The Nest Cottage Chronicles.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Mrs Wibbsey says that Aladdin sounds just like Andrew. (AUDIO: The Broken Crown)
- The Doctor notices that the Gryphon sounds like Rev Dobbs. (AUDIO: The Broken Crown)
- The Doctor mentions Hyspero. (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress)
- Mrs Wibbsey mentions the Sepulchre. (AUDIO: Sepulchre)
[edit | edit source]