Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The title is a reference to the software application Adobe After Effects.
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- Location filming for the episode.
- Blocking the early scene of ground disturbance so that the VFX team can add the holes appropriately and properly in post-production.
- How an initial additional lizard creature was cut to help build anticipation for the Silurians and save budget.
- The reinvention of the Silurians, to make them more human-like and more relevant in a modern-day script.
- Finding a location that would accommodate the need for actors to be pulled down into the floor.
- How the SFX team created a rig to allow for the actors to safely sink into the holes in the floor.
- The process of director and the editor working towards the final edit.
- The need to cut a notable amount of material from the episode, with attention paid to one particularly long early scene.
- The Mill's work on adding VFX to various scenes in the episode.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- Discussion of Doctor Who and The Silurians, particularly about building tension.
- How Arthur Darvill didn't initially recognise the Silurian actors when out of their makeup.
- Celebrating Matt Smith's birthday on set.
- Karen Gillan's nervousness about doing the sinking through the hole stunt.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Matt Smith, The Doctor
- Ashley Way, Director, Episode 8
- Meera Syal, Nasreen Chaudhry
- Robert Pugh, Tony Mack
- Chris Chibnall, Writer, Episode 8
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer
- Beth Willis, Executive Producer
- Rob Mayor, Prosthetics Supervisor
- Arthur Darvill, Rory Williams
- Davy Jones, Make-Up Designer
- Neve McIntosh, Alaya
- Karen Gillan, Amy Pond
- Danny Hargreaves, Special Effects Supervisor
- David Barrett, Editor, Episode 8
- Will Cohen, Visual Effects Supervisor
- Mick Vincent, Colourist
- Julie Ankerson, Foley Artist
- Paul Jefferies, Sound Effects Editor
- Jo Sykes, Audio Describer
- Tony Hall, Team Leader, BBC Vision
- Gary Morris, Playout Director
- Arwel Wyn Jones, Standby Art Director
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Number One Enemy" by Daisy Dares You
- "Sound of the Underground" by Girls Aloud
- "Back to the Start" by Lily Allen
- "Saving My Face" by KT Tunstall
- "Bein' Green" by Van Morrison
- "Hole in the Ground" by Bernard Cribbins
- "Against All Odds (Dubstep Remix)" by Chase & Status feat. Kano
- "Mama Do (Uh Oh, Uh Oh)" by Pixie Lott (also used in DCOM: The Born Identity)
- "A Sucker for Your Sound" by I Monster
- "The New Transmission" by Lostprophets
- "Out of Control" by The Chemical Brothers
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Graphics - Component Graphics
- Title Music - Slam & Saw Productions
- Camera - Steve Brand, Aled Jenkins, Jon Rees, Andy Smith, Steve Webb
- Sound - Rob Kreeger, Wil Planitzer, Jon Thomas
- Runners - James Bowen, Claire Riley
- Researchers - Stuart Laws, Robert Wootton
- Assistant Producers - James Brailsford, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Emma Chapman
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinator - Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Online Editor - Jeremy Lott
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Editor - Gary Skipton
- Edit Producer - Ian Hay
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.