Summary[edit | edit source]
Bernice Summerfield wakes up in a strange place, her first instinct is to find Peter. Dr Wh'thm says she is blind, but he has worse news for her. Peter has a matter of hours to live. Benny tries to find a way to help him, and asks Bev to find an old acquaintance, one with a power of a crystal.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield
- Peter Summerfield
- Irving Braxiatel
- Bev Tarrant
- Adrian Wall
- Jason Kane
- Avril Fenman
- Doctor Wt'hlm
References[edit | edit source]
- Bev has scars on her face from being tortured by Bernard Moskof.
- Bev communicates through her wall-comm.
- Peter's unique hybridised human-killoran DNA made it difficult for Dr Wt'hlm to treat him.
- Sherlock Holmes is mentioned.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most of the other stories in this anthology, this story takes place in an altered timeline created by Doggles' history machine; these timelines are (mostly) erased when Braxiatel returns things to normal.
- This story marks the first full appearance of Avril Fenman since her introduction in the novel The Squire's Crystal; she briefly appeared in the novel The Glass Prison . Because the events in this story are part of an alternate timeline, Fenman doesn't formally reappear until the audio story The Curse of Fenman.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added