A Very Private Haunting was the fourteenth novel in the Lethbridge-Stewart series.
Publisher's summary Edit
Lethbridge-Stewart and Anne visit the Scottish village, Glencross, to help out the son of a old army buddy. Strange things are afoot in the village; a teenage boy is missing, and a country manor appears to be haunted! And what's with the new abundance of roadkill?
to be added
- Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart
- Dr Anne Travers
- General Oliver Hamilton
- 2nd Lieutenant William Bishop
- Regimental Sergeant Major Samson Ware
- Captain Shawn Miles
- Major Keith Bartlett
- Lieutenant Glenn Collins
- Corporal Joseph Rainey
- Corporal Weathers
- Arthur Penrose
- Duncan Glenn
- Tomas Campbell
- Aileen Campbell
- Peter Walton
- The Dark
- to be completed
- Samson drives a Land Rover.
- The small town near the Warehouse is called Rascarrel, placing the Warehouse in the county of Kirkcudbrightshire, three hours away from Edinburgh.
to be added
- Hamilton recalls Lethbridge-Stewart's breakup with Corporal Sally Wright in February. (PROSE: The Daughters of Earth)
- Lethbridge-Stewart recalls his first encounter with the Yeti. (TV: The Web of Fear)
- Lethbridge-Stewart and Anne mention the events in Keynsham. (PROSE: The Dreamer's Lament)
- Major Keith Bartlett dies, shot in the head by Captain Shawn Miles. Bartlett has been in the series since PROSE: Moon Blink.