A Town Called Fortune was the fifth story of the fifth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Paul Sutton and featured Evelyn Smythe.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Wanted dead or alive for the murder of... William Donovan!"
Problems beset the Doctor and Evelyn Smythe as they travel by train to the Wild West town of Fortune. A young woman is investigating the murder of her father nine years earlier, and a wanted poster indicates that the Doctor is the killer!
to be added
- Fortune's local newspaper is The Daily Fortune.
- Evelyn uses the Doctor's cat brooch, sharpened on a cave wall, to cut ropes binding the Doctor and Maisie to chairs.
Story notes Edit
- After AUDIO: Solitaire featuring the Eighth Doctor's companion Charley Pollard, this is the second Companion Chronicle to star a companion created by Big Finish Productions. The later stories The Perpetual Bond (introducing Oliver Harper) and Project: Nirvana would also feature Big Finish exclusive companions.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 March 2010.
- Evelyn complains to the Doctor that, because of him, she is making a habit of jumping from trains. (AUDIO: The Nowhere Place)
- Many years later, the Seventh Doctor and Evelyn would reminisce about "leaping from steam trains in the Wild West." (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)
- The Doctor previously visited the Wild West in TV: The Gunfighters and would later do so again in PROSE: Peacemaker and TV: A Town Called Mercy.