A Storm of Angels was the seventh Doctor Who Unbound audio story produced by Big Finish Productions, it was also a sequel to the first story in the Unbound range Auld Mortality. Geoffrey Bayldon reprised the role of an alternative First Doctor as did Carole Ann Ford as Susan. This story was double the length of the first story featuring this Doctor being four parts over 2 CDs compared to Auld Mortality's single part story.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
What if... the Doctor really had changed History, even just the tiniest bit?
1480: Leonardo da Vinci visits the stars.
1588: Earth is destroyed by a storm of angels.
The Doctor was really enjoying his freedom. But now there's a Temporal Agent on his tail. Gloriana and the President of Gallifrey are not amused. And Susan's none too well either.
Possibilities, like the Doctor, have a habit of running away with themselves. But who cares, when the jewels are so dazzling...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Geoffrey Bayldon
- Susan - Carole Ann Ford
- Sir Francis Drake - Cameron Stewart
- Doctor John Dee - Ivor Danvers
- Zeuro - Ian Hallard
- Anthony Fettiplace - Nicholas Deal
- Mr Raju - Shiv Grewal
- Queen Elizabeth - Kate Brown
- Shewstone / Bosun - Ian Brooker
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor made a hearing aid for Ludwig van Beethoven. The real Susan reminds him of this.
- When the TARDIS materialises on the Golden Hind, the chameleon circuit disguises it as a barrel. On another occasion, the TARDIS took the form of a Morris Oxford.
- On their travels, the Doctor and Susan encountered the Cybermen and Elvis Presley.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 May and 1 June 2004 at The Moat Studios.
- This story featured Geoffrey Bayldon's final portrayal as the Doctor.
- This is a sequel to Auld Mortality.
- This story was released as a two-disc set. It is now currently available as a download only.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- In the "prime" universe, the Doctor visited Elizabeth I's court during his sixth incarnation in the company of Evelyn Smythe (AUDIO: Thicker Than Water) and during his eighth incarnation in the company of Samson and Gemma Griffin. (AUDIO: Terror Firma) Furthermore, the War, Tenth and Eleventh Doctors in the company of Clara Oswald encountered her in 1562, during which she married with the Tenth Doctor. (TV: The Day of the Doctor) Later in her timeline but earlier in the Tenth Doctor's, he and Martha Jones briefly encountered her in 1599. (TV: The Shakespeare Code)
- The Doctor and Susan travelled with Leonardo da Vinci. The Doctor took Leonardo to visit the Ore, a race who had ships which travelled by astrodynamic principles derived from the harmonies of the Spheres. This experience allowed Leonardo to master the power of flight, altering history so that humanity had developed spaceflight by the 16th century. (PROSE: The Innocents)
- The Doctor saved the Princes in the Tower. (AUDIO: The Kingmaker)
- The Doctor warned the Aztecs of Hernando Cortez's approach. While in Mexico, he was mistaken for their reincarnated High Priestess. (TV: The Aztecs)
- The Doctor has encountered the Thaleks. (AUDIO: Auld Mortality; PROSE: The Innocents)
- In the prime universe, the First Doctor and Dodo Chaplet travelled aboard another version of the Golden Hind which was not a space galleon. (AUDIO: Maker of Demons)
[edit | edit source]
- Official A Storm of Angels page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for A Storm of Angels at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide