Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor arrives in a bleak English midwinter of long ago. Plunging into the snowy landscape of the Dark Ages, he learns that wild dogs besiege the local Tilling Abbey every night. When he is given shelter by the sisters of the abbey, the Doctor begs an audience with the Mother Superior they fiercely protect. Something unearthly has already happened here — and if the Doctor is right, it's connected to his recent encounters with an ancient enemy.
As night falls again, the dogs can be held off no longer — and the sisters' secret is about to be revealed. Forced to draw his enemy off into the depths of the TARDIS, the Doctor finds himself in a nightmarish chase through his own ship — but is he the pursuer, or the pursued? As they fight him on his own ground, the hornets are determined to possess his mind...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
- Nun - Clare Corbett
- Sister - Susie Riddell
- The Swarm - Rula Lenska
- Mrs Wibbsey - Susan Jameson
References[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor mentions many malevolent alien races, including the Trods, the Zygons, the Axons, the Nestene Consciousness, the Kraals, the Pescatons, the Krynoids, the Mandragora Helix and Sutekh.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was recorded at Electric Airwaves and Motivation Sound Studios.
- This story was later included in The Nest Cottage Chronicles.
- A free download of this story was given away with The Guardian newspaper on 24 February 2011.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
to be added
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- The Guardian. Press Reader (24 February 2011). Retrieved on 19 March 2021.
[edit | edit source]