to be added
to be added
- Caroline seems to be Susan; Homogeny and Hegemony are implied to be versions of Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright, respectively.
- Author Sarah Hadley previously explored this aftermath of the 22nd century Dalek invasion in the short story Man of Smoke and Dust from the 2001 charity anthology Walking in Eternity. That story followed a Spiderweiss' investigation into the Doctor's activities in post-invasion Vienna, Austria. A Spiderweiss from Austria appears in A Star's View of Caroline as a representative of der spinne.
- Doctor Who in an Exciting Adventure with the Daleks is briefly quoted in Homogeny's necktie.
- Izzy describes the end of the Invaders' occupation of Earth. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- Homogeny and Hegemony appear as the possibilities of themselves from TV shows (TV: An Unearthly Child) and films, (TV: Dr. Who and the Daleks) but very briefly as just two ordinary people.
- Caroline remembers visiting the world from which the Invaders came, (TV: The Daleks) "Earth of long ago", (TV: An Unearthly Child) and snow-capped mountains. (TV: Marco Polo)
- Caroline's grandfather brought her to Earth. She thinks to herself, "One day, I will get back. Yes, I will get back. Until then..." mirroring the First Doctor's goodbye to Susan in TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth.