A Requiem for the Doctor was the second story of the audio anthology, The Diary of River Song: Series Three, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Jacqueline Rayner and featured Alex Kingston as River Song and Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor.
Publisher's summary Edit
Brooke thinks history is dull. Until people start dying.
to be added
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Brooke - Joanna Horton
- Giulia - Issy Van Randwyck
- Antoinette / Constanze – Rosanna Miles
- Viktor / Mozart / Stefan / Apothecary - Teddy Kempner
- The Doctor says he feels so good he could mud wrestle a Myrka and compete in the Alpha Centauri Olympics.
to be added
- River greets the Fifth Doctor with "Hello, Sweetie" and tells him she's an archaeologist. (TV: Silence in the Library et al)
- River asks the Doctor to give her his sonic, but the Doctor doesn't have it. When the Doctor asks her about it later, she lies and says she was asking him if he had a sonic lance (TV: Robot et al) because archaeologists routinely carry them. The Doctor accepts her explanation and says he used to own a sonic screwdriver. (TV: Snakedance, Time Crash) It was destroyed by the Terileptil leader in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- The Doctor again says that "sleep is for tortoises", this time inspired by River. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor starts analysing the Aqua Galatia by taste and River remarks how she loves it when he gets "thinky". In River's past, the Eleventh Doctor poked fun at her for having a "he's hot when he's clever face". (TV: The Impossible Astronaut)
- River uses the phrase "timey-wimey" and the Doctor remarks on it curiously. River tells him it will grow on him. (TV: Blink, Time Crash, The Eleventh Hour, The Wedding of River Song, The Day of the Doctor)
- River calls the Doctor "my love". (TV: The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang, COMIC: The Birthday Boy)
- River tells Brooke that her hate of the Doctor will never be enough because she's thinking of Asgard, (PROSE: Picnic at Asgard) the Byzantium (TV: The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone) and Demons Run. (TV: A Good Man Goes to War)
- The Doctor says he never had companions who simultaneously wanted to love and kill him when he was travelling with Tegan and Nyssa. (TV: The Keeper of Traken, Logopolis et al)
- The Doctor asks River who she is. (TV: Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead, The Big Bang, A Good Man Goes to War)
- River would later mention these events to the Eighth Doctor. (AUDIO: Songs of Love)
- The death of Mozart places these events in 1791. (AUDIO: My Own Private Wolfgang)