A Prelude to a Prelude was the ninth promotional short story released in The Book of the Peace Dossier.
to be added
- This story's title refers to a previous prelude to A Farewell to Arms which was published in the June 2018 fan anthology Shit Trips: Volume 2.5 and featured the same unnamed characters. The story was later republished on the author's blog.
- The story briefly touches on concepts from Simon Bucher-Jones's November 2013 blog post Faction Paradox Stands, which had been written in response to The Day of the Doctor and was attributed to "The Book of The Peace". Author Nate Bumber gives thanks to Bucher-Jones at the end of the story.
- The post-war edition of the Primer for the Spiral Politic has information of the Peace. (AUDIO: The Eleven Day Empire, et al.)
- An attempt at Peace via direct negotiation with an Enemy representative was made on Dronid shortly before the Cataclysm. (PROSE: Alien Bodies, The Book of the War)
- The Utterlost Accords occurred early in the War in Heaven and cemented the concept of "Hot Peace". (PROSE: Pre-narrative Briefing B)
- The Venue Accords are mentioned. (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- The Primer for the Spiral Politic is passed through the Emperor's censors. (PROSE: Father Time)
- As an expansion of the Nine Homeworlds project, (PROSE: The Shadows of Avalon, et al.) the Houses created specially-primed "lesser Homeworlds" in bottle universes (PROSE: Dead Romance) and oxbow timelines (PROSE: Weapons Grade Snake Oil) which fought microscopic models of the War in Heaven. One notable example involved a race of mechanical invaders who negotiated to fight the lesser Homeworlds in exchange for time technology; (PROSE: Dead Romance) the only Homeworld to survive time war with them did so by returning to organic models of childbirth and enacting the ritual of the "entrenched last stand" to be saved by the future. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- The "lesser Homeworlds" project was discontinued when the number of lost Homeworlds became too distasteful to bear. (PROSE: The Brakespeare Voyage)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.