Summary[edit | edit source]
Bernice Summerfield is hungover, so she goes to a coffee shop to recover. Whilst Jason Kane is buying Britney Spears CDs for Irving Braxiatel, Benny meets a brown haired lady in the shop. They share drinks and stories, and learn that they have a friend in common.
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Benny meets Sarah Jane at a Starbucks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This was later one of the eight stories collected in Treasury.
- This story was written in the style of Dicks’ own ‘Brief Encounter’ stories for the Doctor Who Yearbook.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Sarah Jane mentions the Doctor leaving her (TV: The Hand of Fear) and seeing him again at a kind of family reunion. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- Benny remembers gangsters in Chicago and vampires on an alien planet, (PROSE: Blood Harvest) an Ogron detective and a demonic crime lord, (PROSE: Mean Streets) giant ants, (PROSE: Set Piece) and squat dome-headed warriors fighting glowing jellyfish. (PROSE: Shakedown)
- Sarah warns Benny not to go to Metebelis III if the Doctor ever offers. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)