A Most Excellent Match was the third story in the audio anthology, Recorded Time and Other Stories, which comprised the one hundred and fiftieth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown.
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single girl in possession of a mind of her own must be in want of a husband. But which of Miss Peri Brown's rival suitors will be the one to win her hand: handsome Mr Darcy, or the mysterious Doctor?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Tilly - Rosanna Miles
- Darcy/D'Urberville/Heathcliff - Philip Bretherton
- Cranton - Paul Shearer
- The Austen Experience is based on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
- In addition to being Fitzwillian Darcy the Mindsmith takes on the persona of Alec d'Urberville from Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.
- Peri adds Moll Flanders by Daniel Dafoe to the Austen Experience in order to save the Doctor from the Mindsmith.
- Tilly traps the Mindsmith in the burning Thornfield Hall from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë destroying it.
- The Doctor says Cranton should have put some Charles Dickens into his programs.
to be added
- During his first incarnation, the Doctor encountered Jane Austen in London in February 1814, in the company of Steven Taylor and Vicki Pallister (AUDIO: Frostfire), the Tenth Doctor would hunt vampires with her in Bath at some point in the 1800s (AUDIO: Expiry Dating) and the Eleventh Doctor and Clara Oswald met her on the 15 May 1800 after meeting her in an alternate version of 1815 (AUDIO: False Coronets).
- The Doctor is a great fan of Charles Dickens. (TV: The Unquiet Dead).
- The Ninth Doctor met Emily Brontë in 1845 (AUDIO: The Window on the Moor) and the Twelfth Doctor would met her sister Charlotte Brontë in the same year (COMIC: Unearthly Things).