The Tenth Doctor takes Heather to visit her grandmother one snowy Christmas in the tiny village of Stillmuir. Leaving Heather with her family while he nips back to TARDIS, the Doctor is surprised to find the village disappear before him on his way to explore a little shop.
Inside the village, nobody realises they have been moved. Two strangers on the horizon, dressed in Santa outfits, are playing with a bulky piece of machinery. Without the Doctor, Heather and relatives Steven and Alex race over to the blue figures (Selby and Kerlow), as they confirm that the village has been transported and shrunk. The aliens, fearful of being spotted by the primitives, make their escape through a portal as a snowstorm is whipped up. However one of the aliens is left, trapped inside with the village when the portal closes with Heather and company.
The Doctor, meanwhile, has followed the energy trace across space in the TARDIS to a spaceship where he finds a giant snow globe containing the village. Watching are two aliens worried about their crew member trapped inside. One of the aliens gives the order to use gas on the village so they can retrieve their companion, but the gas doesn't work. The Doctor has sabotaged the system. When questioned, the aliens explain they heard of the primitive festival called Christmas. They intended to capture and study the primitive's celebration. The Doctor has a better idea and invites the aliens to experience Christmas by returning the village and staying at Granny McCrimmon's, who fortunately is a bit short sighted and assumes the blue aliens are just cold friends.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self-contained, one-part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
- The Doctor is featured wearing his brown suit and brown coat in this strip.
- Heather's family form the background to this story, including Granny McCrimmon, Steven and Alex.
Original print details Edit
- DWA Issue 146 (4 pages) IN TWO WEEKS! Rock monsters!
to be added