- You may be looking for the short story of the same name.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Eighth Doctor meets Kitty Donaldson, who asks him to check up on her brother Martin Donaldson - mistaking the Doctor for a medical doctor. This leads to the Doctor finding an unstable time field around Martin.
Martin befriends Liv and takes on a tour of London, during which they go to see a film, eat at a restaurant and visit the British Museum. Meanwhile, the Doctor and Kitty narrowly avoid capture from androids.
Throughout the day, Martin leaves items such as a diamond ring and an alarm clock, aiding the Doctor in evading capture. The androids finally arrive at the Donaldson house, capture the TARDIS and trigger a time granade.
Martin saves the Doctor, Liv and Kitty by jumping onto the time grenade. This caused him to become stuck in a time loop, continuously reliving the events of the previous day, hence the reason for him leaving items to assist the Doctor. In his final moments, Martin admits he has fallen in love with Liv and by living in the time loop he can spend more time with her.
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Martin Donaldson - Barnaby Kay
- Kitty Donaldson - Beth Chalmers
- The Woman - Charlie Norfolk
- Usher - Derek Hutchinson
- Projectionist/Policeman/Guide - Dan Starkey
- Receptionist - Camilla Power
- Android - John Banks
- Martin takes Liv to see a film featuring Buster Keaton playing a goat.
- Temporal grenades operate in four dimensions, wiping out adjacent time periods.
- This is the first Dark Eyes story not to feature the Master since The White Room and as an enemy since Time's Horizon.
- The Doctor tells Liv that he has had seven incarnations before his current one. (TV: The Tenth Planet, et al.)
- The Doctor mentions meeting Kitty in the fields of France (AUDIO: The Great War) and the last time he went to the posh end of London someone thought he was their husband. (AUDIO: Other Lives)
- The Doctor gives Liv Chenka her own key to the TARDIS, a privilege he granted to many of his companions. (TV: The Daleks)
- The British Museum has a sculpture of the Red Lady. (AUDIO: The Red Lady)
- The Doctor says that he can't go to 107 Baker Street as the Fourth Doctor is using it right now. (AUDIO: The Haunting of Malkin Place)
- One of the items in the British Museum is colloquially known as "The Red Lady," despite not depicting such a thing. (AUDIO: The Red Lady)
- Martin shows Liv the Elgin Marbles. In the 22nd century, the Monk would steal the marbles, among other items, taking advantage of the second 22nd century Dalek invasion (AUDIO: Lucie Miller)