A Kill to a View was the sixth audio episode of Aliens Among Us and the second story in the second box set. It saw the return of Bilis Manger and introduced Mr Colchester's husband Colin, who was only mentioned previously. It also revealed Mr Colchester's first name for the most attentive listeners.
Publisher's summary Edit
Ritz Towers is a luxury tower block so exclusive not even aliens can get a place there. Mr Colchester has somehow secured a flat at the Ritz. With the streets increasingly troubled, his husband feels safe there. The problem is that Ritz Towers is anything but safe.
For a start, the building has more tenants than it has flats. Then there are the endless dinner parties. The whole new definition of upwardly mobile. And finally, there is the very mysterious caretaker.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Mr Colchester - Paul Clayton
- Orr - Sam Béart
- Tyler Steele - Jonny Green
- Rhys Williams - Kai Owen
- Bilis Manger - Murray Melvin
- Colin Colchester-Price - Ramon Tikaram
- Duncan - Ewan Bailey
- Sandra - Diveen Henry
- Andrea - Ellie Heydon
- Patricia - Marilyn Le Conte
- Rowan - Luke Rhodri
- Poppy - Charlotte O'Leary
- Colin Colchester-Price considers his husband to be Batman and Alfred at once for Torchwood.
- The initial developer of Ritz Tower was Zaheed Shah, until Bilis Manger removed almost all traces of his name from the documents.
- Duncan B. agrees to a dinner party with Amber.
- Colin is from Leeds, St John is from Hove.
- There is a hostage situation involving the Sorvix on a Bay Bus.
- Before moving to Ritz Tower, the Colchesters lived on Davenport Street.
- The title is a play on the 1985 James Bond film, A View to a Kill.
- The comment about nobody guessing what the safe word "St John" stood for could also apply to the audience. Despite wounded Colin Colchester-Price calling his husband by the first name at the end of the story, even some professional reviewers did not guess it to be his first name.
- Rhys asks Bilis Manger if they met before. Bilis previously gave Gwen a vision of Rhys being stabbed to death. (TV: End of Days)
- Duncan has recently divorced from his wife. (AUDIO: Love Rat)
- Jack mentions the bubonic plague in 2007 and "death demon stomping the streets". (TV: End of Days)
- Deliverables are mentioned. (AUDIO: Zero Hour)
- Ritz Tower is at 11 Richmond Street, the same address where Ritz Dance Hall was situated until two year ago. Upon hearing the address, Jack feels as if he recognises it as somewhere he had his heart broken. (TV: Captain Jack Harkness)
- It is suggested that anyone can become an expert after training for 10,000 hours. (TV: The Woman Who Lived)
- ↑ Mat Greenfield (21 October 2017). Review: Aliens Among Us Part Two Shakes Torchwood’s Foundations. blogtorwho.com. Retrieved on 20 February, 2018.