After her medical work on Terminus, Nyssa is now the controller of a hospital ship, the Traken. As the universe burns in the crossfire of the Time War, she and her assistant travel to a planet close to Gallifrey where they are needed more than ever. A long time ago, Nyssa knew a Time Lord and understood his people. But it seems they can change...
to be added
- Praxis gas can kill a Time Lord through an allergic reaction.
- The Traken is staffed by robot nurses called Sisters and sub-sisters. They look like columns.
- The High Council sanctioned the attacks on Reave.
- The Traken has an Adric ward.
- This story was recorded on 22 November 2016 at Ladbroke Audio.
- Even though the Eighth Doctor is in the story, he travels incognito and is never directly referred to as "the Doctor" throughout the story. However, Nyssa recalls travelling with "her Doctor" and in the story the Doctor identifies himself as being three regenerations after travelling with Nyssa.
- Performed in the style of The Companion Chronicles, this story is told from Nyssa's perspective.
- The Doctor wakes and sits upright, a stripe of light across his eyes. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Sisters bear the green medical crescent. (AUDIO: The Whispering Forest, TV: New Earth, Gridlock)
- Praxis gas turns plants purple. (TV: The Caves of Androzani)
- The Doctor explains that knowing something as a fact makes it a fixed point in time and space. Until then, it is still indeterminate and may never happen. (TV: The Angels Take Manhattan)
- The Doctor kisses Nyssa on the cheek when they part. (TV: Terminus)