The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Summary[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Huxley purchased the Plume Coteries diplomatic craft from Yvleperal's allies.
- Nezf is a Daktili.
- T was a member of House Dvora.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was a sequel to a story by the same author, but from a fan anthology and thus not considered valid by this wiki. Furthermore, a certain character from this story was named in tribute to said anthology.
- Some aspects of T's appearance resemble that of a Dalek. In March 2018, Nate Bumber made a post on his tumblr highlighting the line "Who can tell the difference anymore [between Daleks and Time Lords]?" from The Night of the Doctor and the visual similarities between some War-time Homeworlders and Daleks.
- The Houses' great eye being described as having an "amaranthine shine" is wordplay involving the colour amaranth and the concept of Amaranths introduced in PROSE: Christmas on a Rational Planet.
- The story was accompanied in the author-curated Spotify playlist by the songs Let's Go Away for Awhile by The Beach Boys, Thought Contagion by Muse, and Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room by Angelo Badalamenti.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Plume Coteries and the Amazolian system previously appeared in PROSE: Cobweb and Ivory.
- Shifts originate from PROSE: Alien Bodies
- The Labyrinth originates from PROSE: The Book of the War.
- The original Shockley's Den of Almost Limitless Iniquity perished in a cataclysm at the start of the War in Heaven. (PROSE: Alien Bodies)
- Nezf spent decades trying to get to the City of the Saved before the Uptime Gate closed. (PROSE: Of the City of the Saved...)
- The shift inhabits a heavily-tattooed "hunk of meat" that Huxley found dazed and confused. (AUDIO: A Labyrinth of Histories)
- The "Greater Key" (COMIC: The Forgotten) is said by most to be a box with circular writing, (TV: The Day of the Doctor, et al.) but one person thinks it's a metal cylinder. (PROSE: The Eyeless)
- Huxley has been observing the Great Houses since their old (AUDIO: Words from Nine Divinities) war king (PROSE: The Taking of Planet 5, et al.) was a magistrate. (PROSE: The Infinity Doctors) From this, she predicted the Sixth Wave. (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- Before joining Faction Paradox and taking the name "Wade", Wade was betrayed and dumped by a Homeworlder who promised her everything. She hates robots and machine minds. (TV: The Girl Who Waited)
- T fought on Mohandassa (PROSE: The Book of the War) and remembers the Utterlost Accords. (PROSE: Pre-narrative Briefings)
- A minotaur with books is seen in the labyrinth, (AUDIO: A Labyrinth of Histories) as well as a green man covered in thorns. (PROSE: War Crimes, Cobweb and Ivory)
- Wade and T guess that the Shift could be a former agent of Foyle's Remonstration Bureau or a former Eremite. (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- Walking through the site of a battle, Wade sees a shattered gauntlet (TV: The End of Time, et al.) and a totemic gun. (PROSE: The Book of the War)
- The Body is found "orbiting the far regions, near the black hole" (PROSE: The Infinity Doctors) and has its memories reconstructed. (PROSE: Father Time)
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.