The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- Filming of Vincent and the Doctor in Croatia.
- Cast and crew discuss Richard Curtis coming onboard as a writer.
- Recreating a cafe from one of Van Gogh's paintings.
- One of the supporting artists discusses how the production coming to their area has been interesting and exciting for the local people.
- Richard Curtis discusses Van Gogh as a person, and the importance about exploring as much depth as possible in the time available.
- Tony Curran discusses his research into Van Gogh for taking on the role, and some of the struggles that Van Gogh faced in his life.
- Tony Curran discusses some of the real Van Gogh paintings and his style as an artist with Scott Allan.
- The challenges of acting a fight against a monster that is invisible.
- Filming in a Welsh abbey for some of the story.
- Filming the emotional climax of the story, where Van Gogh sees his work in the gallery, using a turntable and certain camera shots.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- The seriousness of depression, and the exploration of it as a theme.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Karen Gillan, Amy Pond
- Steven Moffat, Head Writer
- Jonny Campbell, Director, Episode 10
- Richard Curtis, Writer, Episode 10
- Tony Curran, Vincent van Gogh
- Bob Gurney, Facilities Co-ordinator
- Tristan Peatfield, Art Director
- Tatjana Ciciliani, Supporting Artist
- John Bennett, 1st Assistant Director
- Ray Holman, Costume Designer
- James DeHaviland, 2nd Assistant Director
- Heddi-Joy Taylor-Welch, 3rd Assistant Director
- Scott Allan, Curator, J. Paul Getty Museum
- Crispin Layfield, Stunt Co-ordinator
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Lust For Life" by Iggy Pop
- "Diferente" by Gotan Project
- "Main Theme (from 'Jean de Florette')" by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
- "Hometown Glory" by Adele
- "California Love" by 2Pac feat. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman
- "Hang You From The Heavens" by The Dead Weather
- "The Big Jump" by The Chemical Brothers
- "Many Of Horror" by Biffy Clyro
- "Chances" by Athlete
Crew[edit | edit source]
- With thanks to - The J. Paul Getty Museum
- Graphics - Component Graphics
- Title Music - Slam & Saw Productions
- Camera - Aled Jenkins, Andy Smith, Steve Webb, Clay Westervelt
- Sound - Rhodri Browning, Rob Kreeger, Wil Planitzer, Jon Thomas, Jim Siler
- Runners - James Bowen, Claire Riley
- Researchers - Matthew Andrews, Stuart Laws
- Assistant Producers - Paul Symonds, Hannah Williams
- Production Team Assistant - Emma Chapman
- Production Accountant - Kevin Rickwood
- Production Co-ordinators - Rhiannon Dew, Megan Pinches
- Production Manager - Katy Cartwright
- Production Executive - Stan Matthews
- Online Editor - Keith Ware
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing Mixer - Mark Ferda
- Editors - Mike Crawford, Rob Mansell
- Edit Producer - Nathan Landeg
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis
- Producer - Zoë Rushton
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series DVD & Blu-ray box sets.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.