Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
"You're fiddling at the outset of a conflict that will have profound consequences for this planet's history. You don't think that's dangerous?"
Earth, September 1939. With Europe sliding into war, a young Englishwoman, her loyalties torn, comes to a terrible decision. But what does the intergalactic secrets broker Mephistopheles Arkadian want with the fascist sympathiser Cecelia "Sissy" Pollard on the last day of her life?
Still searching for the facts about the Gryben debacle, President Romana makes a deal with the devil. So begins a chain of consequence that can only end in tragedy for the passengers aboard the Vienna to Calais Transcontinental Express — the woman called Leela included.
By journey's end, the truth will out — but at what cost to Romana and Leela? To Gallifrey's empire, even?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 - John Leeson
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- Commander Torvald - Andy Coleman
- Arkadian - Hugo Myatt
- Cecelia Pollard - India Fisher
- Ms Joy - Susan Engel
- Erich - David Warwick
- Waiter - Daniel Hogarth
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the only Gallifrey audio drama to take place entirely on Earth.
- Romana used the brand new Type 70A TARDIS in this story. Initially excited to use the new "pause materialisation" feature, she was dismayed that the pause lasted a mere two microspans.
- This story closed the series story arc of Andred's disappearance, revealing that he had been masquerading as a newly-regenerated Torvald to infiltrate the CIA.
- This story was originally released on CD and download. It is now available as a download only.
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Romana and Leela both refer to their meeting with Charley. (AUDIO: Zagreus)
- Mephistopheles Arkadian, when talking to Romana, talked about the rumours about anti-time and how Charley was apparently a conduit for it, and without Charley Gallifrey wouldn't exist. As the fact of the survival saving the Web of Time couldn't be a paradox. (AUDIO: Neverland)
- Erich tries to sell Cissy Pollard, because Romana turned a blind eye to Eighth Doctor saving Charley, and the anti-time, which came from her. Erich wished to let anti-time out by letting Cissy survive, by stopping her from committing suicide, unless Romana resigned. (AUDIO: Storm Warning to Neverland)
- Arkadian tells Torvald, Romana and Narvin about a discussion that he had in Bianca's nightclub relating to Torvald. (AUDIO: The Wormery)
- Leela mentions the damage that the separation of the Tesh and the Sevateem caused her people. (TV: The Face of Evil)
[edit | edit source]