On 8 October, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1965 - "Horse of Destruction" was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 6)
- 1966 - Doctor Who's very first regeneration sequence was shot, the beginning of a long-lasting tradition that would keep the show running long after the stars left. This was William Hartnell's final regular day of filming, and Patrick Troughton's first.
- 2008 - Recording for Wirrn Dawn took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2013 - Recording for Suburban Hell took place at Audio Sorcery.
- 2019 - Recording for Heritage 3 took place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.