On 7 January, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1965 - Filming for The Web Planet continued at Ealing Studios. All the scenes of the Menoptera invasion force flying were filmed; this comepleted the filming of the invasion sequence. Also filmed was a shot of Vrestin flying from "Escape to Danger". (TCH 4)
- 1966 - "The Abandoned Planet" was recorded at BBC Television Centre Studio 3. (TCH 6)
- 1967 - Episode one of The Underwater Menace was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 9)
- 1966 - Location filming for The Massacre took place. This took place on Wimbledon Common and covered the sequence where Dodo Chaplet entering the TARDIS. (TCH 7)
- 1969 - The BBC announced to the press that Patrick Troughton was to leave the role of the Second Doctor.
- 1996 - Paul McGann's first photoshoot as the Eighth Doctor took place in Vancouver. It was only then, though, that executive producer Philip Segal realised that McGann had cut his hair significantly for another production. This meant that hairstylist Julie McHaffie had to put together a wig for him quickly; this resulted in the Eighth Doctor's signature Victorian-style puffy hair.
- 2013 - Recording for The Lady of Mercia took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2014 - Recording for The Highest Science took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2016 - Recording for The Second Doctor: Volume One took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.