On 6 January, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1964 - Writer Moris Farhi submitted his script for The Fragile Yellow Arc of Fragrance to David Whitaker in an arranged meeting. 18 days later, Whitaker rejected the script, finding it unsuitable for Doctor Who.
- 1965 - Filming for The Web Planet continued at Ealing Studios. More scenes from the invasion sequence were filmed, including all those featuring Barbara, as Jacqueline Hill had not been present at the previous day's filming. (TCH 4)
- 1966 - Pre-filming for The Massacre concluded at Ealing Studios. (TCH 7)
- 1968 - Episode six of The Enemy of the World was recorded at Lime Grove Studios D. (TCH 11)
- 2006 - The final mix of Murray Gold's score to New Earth was performed. (DWMSE 14)
- 2010 - In response to the so-called Ginger Controversy, complaints regarding widespread misinterpretation of the Eleventh Doctor's comment in his post-regenerative scene in The End of Time about not being ginger, the BBC issued an official statement clarifying that the line referenced the Doctor's previously-stated desire to be ginger in The Christmas Invasion, and also noting that both Donna Noble and Amy Pond were redheads.
- 2010 - Recording for The Cradle of the Snake took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2012 - Recording for Voyage to Venus took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2014 - Recording for The Highest Science took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2015 - Recording for We Are the Daleks took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.