On 6 August, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1965 - "Mission to the Unknown" was recorded at BBC Television Centre Studio 4. (TCH 6)
- 1966 - The BBC announced to the press that William Hartnell was to leave the role of the first Doctor. Patrick Troughton signed a contract to play the second Doctor for 22 episodes.
- 1998 - Recording for Beyond the Sun took place.
- 2000 - Recording for The Holy Terror took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2004 - Recording for the UNIT story Snake Head took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2010 - Recording for The Demons of Red Lodge and Other Stories took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2016 - Recording for The Haunting took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.