On 5 October, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- 1968 - Episode four of The Mind Robber was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1968 - Part one of the TV Comic story The Killer Wasps was first published.
- 1974 - Part seven of the TV Comic story The Metal-Eaters was first published.
- 1987 - Part one of Paradise Towers was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1988 - Part one of Remembrance of the Daleks was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1996 - Part nine of the Radio Times comic story Descendance was first published.
- 1998 - The Janus Conjunction and Matrix was first published by BBC Books.
- 1998 - The Ark was released on VHS.
- 2006 - Doctor Who Files 5: Mickey, 6: K9, 7: The Daleks and 8: The Cybermen were first published by BBC Children's Books.
- 2006 - Quiz Book 1 was first published by BBC Children's Books.
- 2006 - Model-Making Kit was first published by Penguin Character Books.
- 2011 - DWDVDF 72 was first published by GE Fabbri Ltd.
- 2016 - TCH 23 was first released by Hachette Partworks.
- 2017 - The audiobook version of Doctor Who and the Genesis of the Daleks was first released by BBC Audio.
- 2017 - DWFC 108 was first released by Eaglemoss Collections.
- 2018 - Day eleven of The 13 Days of Doctor Who aired on BBC America.
- 2020 - Mistress of Chaos was first released by Panini Comics.