On 4 February, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1964 - Writer Robert Gould's script for the future Planet of Giants proceeded slowly. On this day, script editor David Whitaker released Gould from this premise, and requested a replacement story — which would also never reach the synopsis stage. (REF: The First Doctor Handbook)
- 1964 - On the same day, Robert Gould had a story conference with David Whitaker, in which he revealed his idea of plants being at the top of the evolutionary chain, and of "plants treat[ing] people as people treat plants." When his exact idea would be used in the script "The Screaming Jungle," Gould would press charges against Whitaker for plagiarising his work.
- 1966 - "Priest of Death" was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 7)
- 1967 - Episode one of The Moonbase was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 9)
- 1968 - Location filming for Fury from the Deep began. (TCH 12)
- 1985 - Studio production concluded on Revelation of the Daleks, concluding Doctor Who production for the season. The announcement of 27 February would imply that this was the final production session ever. However, production resumed after eighteen months.
- 2003 - Recording for Omega took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2007 - Recording for The Judas Gift took place.
- 2010 - Recording for Find and Replace took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.