On 2 January, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- 1965 - "The Powerful Enemy" was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1971 - Episode one of Terror of the Autons was first broadcast on BBC1, beginning season 8.
- 1971 - Part three of the TV Comic story The Kingdom Builders was first published.
- 1998 - Tempest was first published by Virgin Books.
- 2006 - Parallel Lives was first published by Big Finish Productions.
- 2008 - DWC 2 was first published by IDW Publishing.
- 2014 - DWFC 10 was first published by Eaglemoss Publications Ltd.
- 2015 - Jimmy Carr and the Dalek was first broadcast within The Big Fat Anniversary Quiz.
- 2015 - Toby Hadoke's Who's Round 101 was released online.
- 2018 - The Note was first published by Candy Jar Books.
- 2019 - Part three of The Thirteenth Doctor comic story A New Beginning was first published by Titan Comics.
- 2019 - Case File Eleven was released online.
- 2020 - The audio reading of The Infernal Nexus was released by Big Finish.
- 2020 - Ninth Doctor Novels Volume 2 and the audiobook version of Revelation of the Daleks were released by BBC Audio.
- 2020 - DWMSE 54 was first released by Panini Comics.