On 29 March, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1963 - C. E. Webber, on orders from BBC Head of Drama Sydney Newman, sent a report to Donald Wilson, in which he described a potential science fiction programme which would eventually become Doctor Who. The report described suitable characters for the "five-o'clock Saturday audience": the handsome young man, the handsome well-dressed heroine aged about 30 and the mature man. The initial thought was of a laboratory-set programme with scientists for protagonists, although this was eventually scrapped in the next report. The complete report, with hand-written notes from Newman, can be found here.
- 1966 - Pre-filming of the gunfight at the O.K. Corral from The Gunfighters began at Stage 3 of Ealing Studios. (TCH 7)
- 1968 - Episode six of Fury from the Deep was recorded at BBC Television Centre Studio 1. (TCH 12)
- 1998 - BBC America, a US-based cable network with a relationship to the main BBC, was launched. It aired classic Doctor Who and Torchwood. Beginning in 2009, it became the main US broadcaster of the Doctor Who revival series.
- 2006 - As part of the Impossible Planet production block, a scene in the Doctor's TARDIS was secretly shot, with Catherine Tate in a wedding dress. This scene would serve as the cliffhanger for Doomsday, leading into The Runaway Bride. (REF: About Time 8)
- 2006 - The shooting scripts for Tardisode 12 and 13 were issued. (DWMSE 14)
- 2010 - For the first time since the original series ended, the stars of Doctor Who embarked on a promotional tour for an upcoming season, with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan scheduled to make personal appearances in several cities accompanied by special screenings of The Eleventh Hour. An appearance in Belfast occurred on this this day.
- 2011 - Stephen A. Willis posted in the world's main Doctor Who online forum, suggesting a virtual orchestra and choir called the Doctor Who Fan Orchestra. He offered his arrangement of Murray Gold's "I Am the Doctor" and mixed together the audio recordings and video recordings. Since then, the Orchestra has come up with many well known Doctor Who soundtracks by Gold.
- 2016 - Recording for The Genesis Chamber took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.