On 28 January, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1966 - "The Sea Beggar" was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 7)
- 1967 - Episode four of The Underwater Menace was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 9)
- 2003 - Recording for Davros took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2009 - Media in the UK and United Arab Emirates reported on the damage to the double-decker bus earlier in the month prior to filming the Easter special Planet of the Dead. The BBC News report served as confirmation to earlier rumours that Doctor Who was filming at least part of Planet of the Dead in the Middle Eastern country, making the episode the first full-scale production of a Doctor Who instalment outside Europe since the 1996 telefilm was shot in Canada.
- 2012 - Recording for Love and War took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2015 - Recording for The King of the Dead and The Toy took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2016 - Recording for The Curse of the Fugue took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.