On 28 April, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- 1973 - Episode four of Planet of the Daleks was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1979 - Part five of the TV Comic story Size Control was reprinted as a Fourth Doctor story.
- 1993 - DWCC 6 was first published by Marvel Comics.
- 2003 - The Talons of Weng-Chiang was released on Region 2 DVD.
- 2004 - The Tunnel at the End of the Light was first published by Telos Publishing.
- 2005 - DWM 356 was first released by Panini Comics.
- 2007 - Evolution of the Daleks was first broadcast on BBC One. Later, Making Manhattan aired on BBC Three.
- 2010 - The audio story Exploration Earth was offered as part of a week-long give-away by The Daily Telegraph.
- 2011 - Dead of Winter, The Way Through the Woods and Hunter's Moon were first published by BBC Books.
- 2011 - Doctor Who Monster Miscellany was first published by BBC Children's Books.
- 2011 - The Doctor Who Adventures comic story The Peace Strike was first published.
- 2013 - The Doctors Revisited - The Fourth Doctor was first broadcast on BBC America, followed by a rebroadcast of the Fourth Doctor story Pyramids of Mars.
- 2014 - Toby Hadoke's Who's Round 59 was released online.
- 2015 - The ninth series of Jago & Litefoot was first released by Big Finish.
- 2016 - The eleventh series of Jago & Litefoot was first released by Big Finish.
- 2016 - The Doctor Who Adventures comic story Sky Manor and the first part of The Adventures of Strax & the Time Shark were first published.
- 2016 - DWM 499 was first released by Panini Comics
- 2020 - Class: The Audio Adventures: Volume Three and Class: The Audio Adventures: Volume Four were first released by Big Finish Productions.
- 2020 - Shadows of Doubt was first released by Arcbeatle Press.