On 20 August, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1963 - Filming for Doctor Who began. In the initial session, the title sequence was created by Bernard Lodge. He pointed a camera at the camera's monitor screen, which created the pattern of feedback, or what is known as "the howl-around effect". Lodge later recalled that his work on this day was inspired by the work of Ben Palmer, who had done something similar on Amahl and the Night Visitors.
- 2007 - Recording for Sisters of the Flame took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2009 - Recording for Deimos and The Resurrection of Mars took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2015 - Recording for Uncanny Valley took place at Ladbroke Audio.
- 2018 - Recording for The Eighth Doctor: The Further Adventures of Lucie Miller: Volume One took place at the Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.