Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 2011|
2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017
2011 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 11 January - Production began on the Fourth Series of Torchwood in LA
- 7 June - The BBC announced that they had commissioned a 2011 Christmas special, as well as a seventh series, with Matt Smith remaining in the role of the Eleventh Doctor. Piers Wenger, however, would step down as executive producer and leave the BBC altogether.
- 15 June - The BBC, through BBC One controller Danny Cohen, confirmed that the recently commissioned series 7 would air over two years - 2012 and 2013.
- 30 June - The Crash of the Elysium began its run at the 2011 Manchester International Festival.
- 24 July - Interviewed at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, Karen Gillan confirmed she would return for an unstated number of episodes in series 7.
- 11 December - The BBC announced the discovery of two missing Doctor Who episodes: episode 3 of Galaxy 4 and episode 2 of The Underwater Menace.