On 1 April, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1966 - "The Dancing Floor" was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 7)
- 1967 - Episode one of The Faceless Ones was recorded at Lime Grove Studios D. (TCH 10)
- 1969 - Location filming for The War Games continued at Birling Manor Farm. (TCH 14)
- 2001 - Recording for Bloodtide took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2009 - As an April Fool's joke, word circulated around the Doctor Who set that Michael Jackson was paying a visit. A serious announcement was also made, though — Planet of the Dead would be broadcast on 11 April.
- 2010 - With the release of its 160th issue, Doctor Who Adventures underwent a relaunch to introduce the new Eleventh Doctor-era branding and new editorial features.
- 2010 - Guinness World Records recognised Doctor Who Magazine, which had celebrated its thirtieth anniversary in 2009, as the Longest Running Magazine Based on a Television Series.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.