This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1998|
1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004
1998 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 29 March - BBC America, a US-based cable network with an arms-length relationship to the main BBC, was launched. It aired classic Doctor Who and Torchwood. Beginning in 2009, it became the main US broadcaster of the Doctor Who revival series.
- 27 April - The Metropolitan Police District in London filed an official opposition to the BBC's 1996 trademark application for the police box design.
- 25 and 26 June - Recording for Oh No It Isn't!—the very first Big Finish audio story—took place at Intergalactic Arts.
- 6 and 7 August - Recording for Big Finish's Beyond the Sun took place at Crosstown Studios.
- 10 August - The British Broadcasting Corporation filed its reply to the Metropolitan Police's opposition to its application to trademark the police box design.
- November - The original Doctor Who website was launched for the 35th anniversary of Doctor Who, focusing on the "classic series", which had long been over. This version of the website would go on to also cover spin-off media, like the new adventures of the Eighth Doctor at Big Finish and BBC Books.
- 5 and 6 November - Recording for Big Finish's Walking to Babylon and Birthright took place at Crosstown Studios.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In the matter of application no. 2104259 by the British Broadcasting Corporation to register a series of three marks in classes 9, 16, 25 and 41 and in the matter of opposition thereto under no. 48452 by the Metropolitan Police Authority (PDF). Intellectual Property Office - Trade marks. UK Patent Office (2002). Retrieved on 28th August 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Big Finish Companion: Volume 1