The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1981|
1975 • 1976 • 1977 • 1978 • 1979 • 1980 • 1982 • 1983 • 1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987
1981 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 28 January - Production of Logopolis concluded, bringing an end to the Tom Baker era.
- April - John Nathan-Turner wrote a story outline for the proposed K9 and Company spin-off pilot story.
- 13 April - Studio taping began on Four to Doomsday, the first story of the Peter Davison era to be made, though not the first to be broadcast.
- May - John Nathan-Turner and Anthony Root composed a "format document" for a planned spin-off series to be entitled K9 and Company.
- 12 May - Elisabeth Sladen was officially invited to reprise the role of Sarah Jane Smith for the planned K9 and Company spin-off.
- November - Production of the pilot episode of the planned K9 and Company spin-off series, A Girl's Best Friend, took place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.