The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1966|
1960 • 1961 • 1962 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971 • 1972
1966 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 25 March - "The Hall of Dolls" was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 7)
- In late April, the Doctor Who production office circulated a memo to writers outlining the proposed character of the Second Doctor, as well as suggestions on handling the first regeneration, which was initially compared to an LSD trip gone bad.
- 6 August - The BBC announced to the press that William Hartnell was to leave the role of the first Doctor. Patrick Troughton signed a contract to play the second Doctor for 22 episodes.
- 8 October - Episode 4 of The Tenth Planet was taped, with the first scenes filmed being the regeneration from William Hartnell to Patrick Troughton.
- 22 October - Episode 1 of The Power of the Daleks was taped; this was the first full episode featuring Patrick Troughton.
- 12 December - The BBC Audience Research Dept. filed an Audience Research Report on The Power of the Daleks Episode 3, reporting that satisfaction in the episode ranked at 44% with response to new Doctor Patrick Troughton being particularly mixed.
- 15 December - Patrick Troughton was interviewed in Radio Times.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.