The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1965|
• 1960 • 1961 • 1962 • 1963 • 1964 • 1966 • 1967 • 1968 • 1969 • 1970 • 1971
1965 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 4 January - Filming on The Web Planet at Ealing Studios began. (DWM 286)
- 23 January - The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation became the first North American broadcaster of Doctor Who when it began airing the early William Hartnell-era stories.
- The network cancelled its broadcasts after the first 26 episodes.
- 10 October - This was the first full day of the John Wiles producer-ship, since Verity Lambert's final credited episode, Mission to the Unknown was broadcast the previous day. Of course, Wiles had been shadowing Lambert for some time before today, and had already been taking most of the decisions for a few weeks.
- 13 October - Tristram Cary recorded the incidental music for the first six episodes of The Daleks' Master Plan in about four hours. Horn, cello, percussion, flute, oboe and vibraphone were required for the recording.
- 15 October - The budget for the 1966 financial year was set at £2,750 per episode. The figure was a 10% rise on 1965's £2,500 episodic budget.
- 26 October - John Wiles mildly upbraided make-up lead Sonia Markham for faulty facial hair and wigs in "The Nightmare Begins".
- 27 October - Sonia Markham responded to Wiles' memo, and apologised profusely about the lack of continuity with Brian Cant's beard from scene to scene in "The Nightmare Begins". She pushed back, however, against Wiles' criticism of the wig Hartnell wore as the First Doctor, explaining that there is little which can be done about being able to see the wig line during close-ups.
- 31 October - David Whitaker's contract ended, precipitating the first formal transition between script editors. Dennis Spooner's tenure thus began.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.