|Timeline for 1959|
1953 • 1954 • 1955 • 1956 • 1957 • 1958 • 1960 • 1961 • 1962 • 1963 • 1964 • 1965
- A Nostalgia Tours tourist vessel carrying mostly Navarino travelled to Earth; its destination was Disneyland but it landed at a Welsh holiday camp. In addition to the Navarinos, it carried the last of the Chimeron, fleeing the Bannermen. (DW: Delta and the Bannermen) James Stevens later investigated the Seventh Doctor and Melanie Bush's presence at the camp. (MA: Who Killed Kennedy)
- Edgar Nelson-Stanley and his wife killed one of the three Gorgons. (SJA: Eye of the Gorgon)
- Circa this date, aliens landed on the Moon and tried to contact Earth, requesting an exchange of information. The American government intercepted the message and began preparations for a moon landing to meet them. (WC: Blue Moon)
- The Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond visited the Blue Boar service station on the newly opened M1 motorway and encountered Petrolions. (DWA: Madness on the M1!)
Behind the scenes
- 14 - Paul McGann, who played the Eighth Doctor, was born in Liverpool, England.
- 28 - Jonathan Pearce (Garny Diblick in BFA: The Game) was born.