|Timeline for 1930|
1924 • 1925 • 1926 • 1927 • 1928 • 1929 • 1931 • 1932 • 1933 • 1934 • 1935 • 1936
- The Fourth Doctor, K9 and Romana arrived in London during a heat wave. (MA: The English Way of Death)
- 4 - The airship R101 left London, England, bound for British India. Aboard were two stowaways: the Eighth Doctor and Charlotte Pollard. (BFA: Storm Warning)
- 5 - Shortly after its rendezvous with a Triskele spaceship, the airship R101 was attacked by a Vortisaur and crashed into the fields of northern France. All aboard were presumed killed. (BFA: Storm Warning)
- 1 - Due to the onset of the Great Depression, New York City's Central Park housed one of several tent cities called Hooverville, inhabited by the unemployed and homeless. The Cult of Skaro, having escaped to this year from the Battle of Canary Wharf, began abducting people in hopes of creating a Dalek-human hybrid and reviving the Dalek race. Dalek Sec became such a hybrid, and was later killed by his colleagues for doing so. The Tenth Doctor turned a race of humans infused with Dalek DNA created as part of this experiment against Daleks Thay and Jast, but Dalek Caan destroyed the race and shifted away. (DW: Daleks in Manhattan / Evolution of the Daleks)
- 31 - The Eighth Doctor and his companion Charley Pollard celebrated New Year's Eve in Singapore. (BFA: Seasons of Fear)
- The Doctor learned magic tricks from John Nevil Maskelyne. (DW: The Ribos Operation)
- The Fourth Doctor visited the planet Tigella, where he saw the Dodecahedron and befriended the planet's leader, Zastor. Zastor remembered the Doctor as one who "can see the strings that bind the Universe together and mend them when they break." (DW: Meglos)
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart was born. (NA: Blood Heat, NA: No Future)
Behind the scenes
- 1 - Mohammad Shamsi (an extra in DW: Carnival of Monsters) was born.
- 4 - Iain Cuthbertson (Garron in DW: The Ribos Operation) was born.
- 20 - Henry Woolf (the Collector in DW: The Sun Makers) was born.
- 24 - Terence Bayler, who played Yendom in DW: The Ark and Major Barrington in DW: The War Games, was born in Wanganui, New Zealand.
- 2 - Don Houghton, who wrote DW: Inferno and DW: The Mind of Evil, was born.
- 23 - Writer Gerry Davis, a co-creator of the Cybermen, was born.
- 3 - Shirley Cooklin (Kaftan in DW: The Tomb of the Cybermen) was born.
- 7 - Brian Hayles, who would write half a dozen scripts for Doctor Who, was born. was born.
- 6 - Terry Bale, who played a soldier in DW: The Reign of Terror and the voice of Arcturus in DW: The Curse of Peladon), was born.
- 7 - Andrew Sachs, a Big Finish voice actor, was born.
- 11 - Ronald Fraser was born.
- 18 - Angus Lennie was born.
- 4 - Lisa Daniely was born.
- 13 - Gary Watson, who played Arthur Terrall in DW: The Evil of the Daleks, was born.
- 20 - Thomasine Heiner (Dawson in DW: Doctor Who and the Silurians) was born.
- 25 - George Murdock (a Preacher in TW: Dead of Night) was born.
- 3 - Robert Robertson (Collinson in DW: The Ambassadors of Death) was born.
- 16 - Frances Pidgeon (Miss Jackson in DW: The Hand of Fear) was born.
- 18 - Burt Kwouk was born.
- 30 - Alan Curtis (Green in DW: The War Machines) was born.
- 8 - Writer Terry Nation, creator of the Daleks and Blake's 7, was born.
- 28 - Windsor Davies (Toby in DW: The Evil of the Daleks) and George Giles (the Guard Captain in DW: The Curse of Peladon) were born.
- 31 - Charles Kay, a performer for BBV Productions and Big Finish Productions, was born.
- 14 - Michael Robbins, known for his portrayal of Richard Mace in DW: The Visitation, was born in London.
- 20 - Bernard Horsfall was born.
- 4 - Ronnie Corbett (Rahnius in SJA: From Raxacoricofallapatorius With Love) was born.
- 16 - Ronald Allen (Rago in DW: The Dominators and Ralph Cornish in DW: The Ambassadors of Death) was born.
- Edward Kelsey was born.