On 17 February, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1965 - Filming for The Crusade continued at Ealing Studios. The scenes filmed were the TARDIS materialising, William de Tornebu throwing a sword which then impales a Saracen warrior and the TARDIS dematerialising. Also filmed was a scene of Saracen warriors searching the streets of Lydda for Barbara from "The Knight of Jaffa". (TCH 5)
- 1967 - Pre-filming for The Macra Terror took place on Stage 3 of Ealing Studios. (TCH 10)
- 1968 - Episode six of The Web of Fear was recorded at Lime Grove Studios D. (TCH 11)
- 1969 - The Mists of Madness was commissioned by Terrance Dicks, to be written by Brian Wright. Wright later however accepted an academic writing post in Bristol, and never completed the season 7 serial. Its place in the schedule was later replaced by Inferno.
- 2010 - The BBC, before having a new trailer, released a new Eleventh Doctor promotional image featuring the Doctor, Amy Pond, a Dalek, a Weeping Angel, and the first glimpse of a new enemy, the Smiler.
- 2010 - Matt Smith chose the winner in a "design a TARDIS console" contest conducted on Blue Peter. The console design was later used in the series 6 episode The Doctor's Wife, fifteen months later.
- 2013 - An interview between Ed Stradling and show runner Steven Moffat was screened at the Gallifrey One 2013 convention. In it, Moffat confirmed that Mark Gatiss would be writing an episode featuring Ice Warriors. He also stated that, of all his scripts, The Big Bang was probably his personal favourite, and revealed that the title was actually a deliberate sexual innuendo, as it was the episode in which River Song was conceived.