On 17 December, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1965 - "Golden Death" was recorded at BBC Television Centre Studio 3. (TCH 6)
- 1966 - Episode three of The Highlanders was recorded at Riverside Studios 1. (TCH 9)
- 1967 - Nicholas Courtney filmed his first scenes as Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart for The Web of Fear, on location near Old Covent Garden.
- 1968 - Pre-filming for The Seeds of Death continued on Stage 2 of Ealing Studios. (TCH 14)
- 1994 - Writer Robert deLaurentis submitted the first draft of his script for the 1996 TV movie, based on his 7 October storyline. He titled this draft Dr. Who?. In Dr. Who?, Daleks were now shape-shifting humanoids, and the Doctor's TARDIS has a working chameleon circuit — briefly. The Doctor's other companion, Sherman, is trapped on Skaro and is later discovered to have died. This next draft on 3 February finally stretched things a little too far.
- 2009 - Recording for Jago & Litefoot: Series One took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2010 - Recording for Heroes of Sontar took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2012 - Recording for Smoke and Mirrors took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2018 - Recording for Sargasso took place at The Soundhouse.
- 2018 - Recording for the Gallifrey box set Time War: Volume Three was recorded.