On 14 October, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1963 - Rehearsals for the remount of "An Unearthly Child" took place on this Monday. It was followed by three more days of rehearsal, leading up to recording on the evening of Friday 18 October. Though it wasn't the first rehearsal in Doctor Who history — the so-called "pilot episode" had been rehearsed, of course — it was this week-long rehearsal period that set up the basic production pattern which would last for years afterwards.
- 1967 - Episode six of The Abominable Snowmen was recorded at Lime Grove Studios D. (TCH 11)
- 1975 - The Hand of Fear was pulled from its season 13 closing spot, and put on hold. The Seeds of Doom replaced it. Hand was eventually fit into the season 14 schedule, with both major and minor plot changes.
- 1981 - Stephen Gallagher met with the Doctor Who production team to discuss his new story breakdown for Terminus. There, producer John Nathan-Turner informed him that the serial would be Nyssa's last. Peter Davison, who played the then-current Fifth Doctor, protested against this decision.
- 1982 - Philip Martin was commissioned to write the script for episode one of his proposed season 21 TV story Domain. Two years later, this script became Vengeance on Varos.
- 2010 - Recording for The Rosemariners took place at The Moat Studios.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.