100 BC was the first story in the audio anthology, 100, which comprised the hundredth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Jacqueline Rayner and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Maggie Stables as Evelyn Smythe.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Evelyn arrive in Rome, 101 BC, approximately, October. They meet a young lady of nineteen, Aurelia. She mentions her husband — Julius Caesar. Evelyn is excited, but her excitement soon turns to confusion. Surely you can't heal a wound in time with just a bit of sticking plaster?
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables
- Gaius Julius Caesar the Elder - Will Thorp
- Aurelia - Lucy Paterson
- Midwife - Susan Brown
to be added
- The Doctor claims that Nero was the Roman Emperor sixty years after the events of this story. In actuality, he reigned from 54 to 68 AD, which is approximately a hundred sixty years later.
- Evelyn refers to their encounters with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1856 and 1791. (AUDIO: My Own Private Wolfgang)
- Many years later, the Seventh Doctor and Evelyn would reminisce about meeting Caesar's parents. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)