100 was the hundredth release in Big Finish's monthly range. The four stories were writen by Jacqueline Rayner, Robert Shearman, Joseph Lidster and Paul Cornell respectively and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Maggie Stables as Evelyn Smythe.
All the stories had the number "100" worked into their storylines.
Publisher's summary Edit
Times, dates, numbers, anniversaries... They are all essential ingredients of the Doctor's seemingly infinite travels. Here, he emerges from the TARDIS to embark upon four separate adventures, all of them fundamentally connected by the concept of '100'. He meets Mozart, visits ancient Rome, goes to a funeral and spies on himself.
Sometimes, a Time Lord's life can be quite hectic.
Four one-part stories:
1. 100 BC by Jacqueline Rayner
The Doctor and Evelyn arrive in Rome, 101 BC, approximately, October. They meet a young lady of 19, Aurelia. She mentions her husband - Julius Caesar. Evelyn is excited, but her excitement soon turns to confusion. Surely you can't heal a wound in time with just a bit of sticking plaster?
2. My Own Private Wolfgang by Robert Shearman
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Born in 1756, a veritable wunderkind - playing music for the crowned heads of Europe as an infant, composing by the time he was five years old. But it's tempting to wonder whether his amazing longevity has overshadowed his creative genius - would Mozart's music be better respected, maybe, if he'd died as a young man? Would he be a legend of music, rather than of scientific curiosity, if he'd never lived to compose the film score for the remake of The Italian Job?
3. Bedtime Story by Joseph Lidster
Once upon a time...
It's a tale of love and death and a family with a terrifying secret...
4. The 100 Days of the Doctor By Paul Cornell
Someone has assassinated the Doctor.
And he only has 100 days to find out who did it.
|100.1||100 BC||Jacqueline Rayner||Nicholas Briggs||Evelyn||September 2007||7C/MC|
|100.2||My Own Private Wolfgang||Robert Shearman|
|100.3||Bedtime Story||Joseph Lidster|
|100.4||The 100 Days of the Doctor||Paul Cornell|
- An illustrated preview for this story by Martin Geraghty appeared in DWM 387.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 June and 12 July 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- 100 is Big Finish's second audio anthology, released a year after Circular Time. Forty-Five would similarly feature four stories connected by a single number.
- Official 100 page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for 100 at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide